Summer holiday in Flachau
Salzburger Sportwelt, Austria
hiking, cycling, E-biking, Action sports etc.
Active & family holidays
in summer in Flachau
for genuine mountain enthusiasts & pleasure-seekers
Wonderful nature as your constant companion, take time to reflect, decelerate - and yet be active. The resort of Flachau in Salzburger Land makes an ideal base for your active summer holiday in Austria. At the Flachauer Bergkristall you're right at the heart of a great holiday: start pleasurable family walks right by the house, cycle along the popular Enns Cycle Path or climb the highest peaks of the Salzburger Sportwelt. And if that's not enough, you'll enjoy the varied activity programme in summer: daily guided themed hikes, numerous sports and family events, climbing, mountain skyving, swimming etc. There's also plenty for kids to explore: Flori's Adventure Trail with quiz stations on the Griessenkar or Wagraini's Grafenberg are top attractions on your family holiday in Flachau.
Hiking in Flachau, Salzburger Sportwelt
according to the Motto: at the peak of fun!
- A hiking holiday in Flachau to suit every taste: gentle family trails, themed paths & demanding mountain tours
- Well-marked footpaths throughout the whole region
- Salzburger Almenweg - 350 km long, 31 stages through 25 resorts in Salzburger Land, past 120 huts
- Lots of alpine huts open to the public offering traditional dishes
- Popular family walks in the Marbachtal in Flachauwinkl
- Themed paths: "Water Moves“ & "The Path of Good Wishes"
- Open in summer: chairlifts starjet 1 & 2 in Flachau (starjet 1 just 10 minutes' walk away from the Flachauer Bergkristall)
- For all kids: Flori’s Adventure Trail on the mountain with various quiz stations
- Daily guided adventure hikes with the Flachau Summer Card free of charge, further hikes & tours with a guuide in the sports schools
- Travel on the Wanderbus throughout the Salzburger Sportwelt for just € 1,00 (with the Flachau Summer Card) – bus stop 50 m away
- Rental of walking poles at the Flachauer Bergkristall
Further summer activities
activities amid nature
- Awarded the title "Approved Bike Area" by Mountain Bike Holidays
- Approx. 500 km of tours for mountain bikers, e-bikers & road bikers
- 45 marked MTB-tours through the fabulous countryside
- Stoneman Taurista – the mountainbike trail for the daring in the Salzburger Sportwelt: 123 km, over 4,500 m elevation gain & 360° panoramic views
- E-bike region: a number of charging stations throughout the region, e-bike rental in resort
- For families: Enns Cycle Path starts in Flachau (a total of 240 / 280 km long trail from Flachauwinkl to Enns in Upper Austria)
- Bike guides for guided tours at the local sports shops
- Bike centre with bike rental & service
- Biking of a differnt kind: Mountain skyving (rental at Sport am Jet), fat biking (guided tours at Fun & Pro Sport and Bike Academy & rental at Sport am Jet)
- Annual MTB event: Bike Night Flachau
- Bike rental at the Flachauer Bergkristall
- 2 bathing lakes in Flachau: Reitecksee Lake in Reitdorf & Flachauwinkl bathing lake – admission to both lakes free of charge!
- Flachauwinkl bathing lake (2.5 km away) 30 minutes on foot, 10 minutes by bike
- Further lakes & pools nearby: Eben bathing lake, Adventure Thermal Spa Amadé, Wasserwel't Wagrain, Alpine outdoor pool in Radstadt
- Nearest golf course: Golfclub Radstadt with 27-hole courses, one-and-only golf cable car "Birdie-Jet", covered driving range, view of the Dachstein Glacier...
- Marked Nordic walking & jogging trails, Smovey trainings: Swing & Smile
- Ideal for families: Wagraini's Grafenberg in Wagrain, near Flachau
- Effortless ascent up to 1,700 m with the Grafenbergbahn Cable Car from Wagrain
- Lots of play & adventure stations: water playground "Hachau water", Hachau slide, stone pendulum, kids' alpine hut, archimedes spirtal, Archimedean spiral, rope garden, boulder wall, swing forest, barefoot trail, suspension bridge, wooden raft etc.
- Trails suitable for pushchairs on the mountain, transportation of pushchairs possible in the cable car
- Souvenir photo at the photo point on Wagraini's Grafenberg
- 2 high ropes courses in Flachau: Hochseilgarten from Almlust Aktiv in Flachau, high ropes course from ACS Alpincenter Salzburger Sportwelt at the Flachauwinkl bathing lake (with 150 m long Flying Fox over the bathing lake)
- Adventure Alpinpark: High ropes course & climbing course with suspension and rope bridge, spiders' webs etc.
- A number of sports and climbing trails in the region
- Sports climbing tower at the Flachau playground i the centre (approx. 10 minutes' walk from the Flachauer Bergkristall)
- For horse lovers: 20 km long network of bridle paths in Flachau & surrounding area, riding stables Scheickgut, Hufschlag & Wastlhof with riding tuition & pony riding
- Horse drawn carriage rides bookable
- Adventure sports in Flachau: Segway, mountain kart, canyoning, kayaking, rafting, zorbing, stand-up-paddling, tandem paragliding, Alpin-Coaster "Lucky Flitzer" etc.
- Sports centre right next to the cycle path with football pitch, tennis court, beach volleyball & basketball courts & skater park
- Popular sporting events, e.g. Fischerman's Friend StrongmanRun & mountain bike event Bike Night Flachau
- Street festivals (several times in the summer holidays) with live bands, various stations, such as, Segway station, jumping tower, street artists & clowns, street food stands etc.
- Schloss festival at the Schloss Höch in Reitdorf
- Traditional Flachau Dorf Fun: the ultimate event for Austrian costume and customs
- Flachau Farmers' & Handicraft Market